Fitt is a new way to discover health and fitness. Our location-based platform—available on the web, iOS, and Andriod—helps users find nearby fitness studios, healthy restaurants, outdoor adventures, and upcoming events in 29 cities across the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team to help build and maintain all aspects of the Fitt platform.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all facets of the product lifecycle, from pitching new ideas to building and scaling them out to end-users. This allows us to iterate on ideas quickly and use any emerging technologies as we need them. You’ll also be joining a team that is engineering focused and strongly promotes ideas from engineers to help define our roadmap.
You will have a key role in taking new products from design to launch while also maintaining the existing code bases.
Our main products include our website, iOS app and Android, a fully-custom CMS, and an API behind it all. We currently work in React and React Native with a Node.js and MongoDB backend.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with our team to architect, build, and maintain web and mobile applications
- Deliver code that is scalable, readable, and flexible enough to adapt to changing requirements
- Create a cohesive testing strategy and build the integrations required to achieve it
- Work closely with the team to discover pain-points and architect solutions
- Scale existing products as needed
- Review team members’ code to ensure it follows our style guidelines and to catch any issues
- Refactor existing code as needed to keep it current as requirements change
- Report directly to our Head of Engineering
- 2+ years of industry experience building scalable web products
- A solid practical foundation in computer science, with the ability to find and fix bottlenecks in your code, as well as articulate the tradeoffs you’ve made
- Experience architecting, building, and scaling web applications from scratch
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud-based computing and hosting systems
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- A desire to learn, grow, and teach skills to further your abilities along with the capabilities of the entire team
Apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org